This course is an introduction to the concepts, movements and level of intensity needed to be successful in training for sport. In the course, participants are provided with a foundation for training athletes. They are taught the fundamentals of sport-specific training, including sprinting, basic movements, warm-ups and cool downs, change-of-direction and agility drills, jumping and weightlifting. Participants are given information on programming, nutrition and diet, and film study. Film study demonstrates the practical application of the CrossFit movements to football and other power sports. Anyone who trains groups that are required to be strong, agile and powerful can benefit from this course, no matter the level of athletes.
- 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. with a 1-hour lunch break
- Arrive at 7:30 a.m. on Day 1 to check in.
All registered athletes need to be able to sprint and change direction.
This course is only available in English.
- Printed version of the registration receipt.
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Seminar Guide (sent with course confirmation emails) with pen/pencil.
- Suitable clothes for working out.
- Athletic shoes. We recommend shoes with a rubber toe pouch, such as Converse All Stars (Chuck Taylors) or Vans or other shoes with a reinforced toe pouch designed for change-of-direction, lateral-speed and agility drills. Indoor soccer, volleyball or other turf shoes work well. Barefoot training and “foot gloves” are not permitted.
- Cleats and weightlifting shoes, if part of your normal training gear.
- Snacks and fluids, as well as a meal if you do not plan on going off site during the lunch break. (Lunch is not until 2 p.m. on Day 1 and 1:30 p.m. on Day 2).
Credentials and Requirements
To receive a Football Trainer Certificate, one must:
- Hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate (or a CF-L3);
- Attend and participate in all parts of the Football Trainer Course; and
- Satisfactorily complete the written take-home assignment.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are issued a Certificate of Attendance.
Received at the completion of the seminar.