1. Free intro
The Introduction Class at BRCF is the Best Way to answer your questions about our gym, our training program and how this program best suits your fitness goals. It includes a brief overview of our facility, how classes are run, what a new member can expect upon attending their first week of training and why we think our program will yield immediate results for you. After this summary the Coach will take any questions the Intro class attendees may have and then there is a brief movement tutorial followed by a short workout. The workout is recommended but is of course voluntary. We simply want to give our Introduction Class participants a small taste of what its like to train with our team!
2. purchase a membership
at brcf we use the athlete tracking system Wodify to not only track our athletes performance but to also schedule classes and purchase memberships. You can purchase a membership, reserve a free trial or Drop in at unbtnbrcf.wodify.com.
We offer 2 Membership Options: (You can see more information on Pricing Here.)
Unlimited Monthly Training - $185
10 Class Pass - $125 (expires 6 months after purchase date)
Please note: When purchasing an unlimited monthly membership, you are automatically signed up for an auto-renew membership meaning you will be automatically charged each month for your membership. This feature can be turned off by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The auto-renew Feature can only be turned off 24 hours prior to the next due date. If the auto-renew is not cancelled within the 24 hours, a refund cannot be made.
3. reserve class times
Once you have purchased a membership you can now join the Wod classes. To reserve your class time follow the directions below:
Wodify Web App
- Login to your Wodify account
- Click the 'Calendar' tab
- View the Calendar
- The white calendar icon signals a class that is open for registration
- Your box determines how early each Athlete can register for a class. In the example below, only classes that begin in the next 24 hours are open for reservation
- Classes not open for registration are identified with a gray calendar icon
- To make a reservation, click the white calendar icon
- Immediately after you click the white calendar icon:
- The icon changes to a ticket, indicating you have successfully made the reservation
- A cancel icon appears; click this if you wish to cancel
- The reservation count and meter increase by 1
- You are free to make or cancel reservations to as many classes available at any time
This process is very similar to reserving from the Wodify Web App
- Open our Website
- Find the class schedule - HERE
- From within the schedule pane, click 'Login'
- Log in with your Wodify username and password
- Follow same steps as listed in the above Wodify Web App tutorial to reserve or cancel a reservation
- Login to Wodify from a mobile device
- Click the Class Schedule tab
- Scroll through the list of classes and find a class to make a reservation
- Click on the 'Reserve' button to make a reservation for the class that you would like to attend.
- Click the 'Cancel' button if you would like to cancel your reservation.
THE CROSSFIT MODEL IS 3 DAYS "ON" FOLLOWED BY 1 DAY "OFF." HOWEVER, WE AT BAY RIDGE CROSSFIT WANT YOU TO BEGIN TO SEE YOURSELF AS AN ATHLETE IN TRAINING. YOU WILL PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR NUTRITION, SLEEP AND HOW YOUR BODY IS ADAPTING TO THE WORKOUTS. PEOPLE ALWAYS ASK US, "HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK SHOULD I TRY AND TRAIN IN THE BEGINNING?" TO THAT WE OFTEN REPLY, "AS MANY AS YOU CAN!" MEANING, IF YOU FEEL GREAT, COME IN AND TRAIN. IF YOU FEEL SORE, COME BY AND MOVE AROUND A BIT, DO THE 'WARM-UP'...FEEL BETTER? GREAT, LET'S WORKOUT. IF YOU STILL FEEL SORE, TAKE THE DAY AND WE WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW. THE DIALOGUE BETWEEN TRAINER AND ATHLETE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF YOUR TRAINING! WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR FEELING SO WE CAN GET YOU TO YOUR GOALS FAST AND SAFE.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, CONSISTENCY IS KING. SHOW UP. WE WILL HANDLE THE REST.
If you come to bay ridge crossfit 7 days a week that is still only 7 total hours a week spent trying to reach your goals. that's not even a part-part-time job!
THE CROSSFIT "PRESCRIPTION" IS BASIC AND EFFECTIVE:
"EAT MEAT AND VEGETABLES, NUTS AND SEEDS, SOME FRUIT, LITTLE STARCH AND NO SUGAR. KEEP INTAKE TO LEVELS THAT WILL SUPPORT EXERCISE BUT NOT BODY FAT."